7-22/09/14

I have finished my mapping practice in Karangsambung, Kebumen. It took 2 weeks and I felt isolated there. But in the other hand i felt very very happy because I could meet my college friends everyday, at breakfast and dinner time, and also everytime we made daily report and made tracks plan in the night that made us bored and frustated.


I did activity scheduled. In barrack, started from wake up in the early morningbathroom queuingwatched my friends make up her own face, drying her hair and chit-chatting. At 6 o’clock we would had be in dining room to  have breakfast together. After that, we went back to the barrack to prepare our field equipments. At 7 o’clock we gathered in the yard with our team and our lecturer to have briefing  before going to field.

My partners in the field are Ipul and ‘si  Bos Ganténg’ from Manokwari, Samuel. I went to the field with Samuel for 2 days and the other days with Ipul. At 8 am until 5 pm we were in the field, and took a little time for break to ate our own foodprovision and did prayer. Before our working time end, sometimes we alocated time to visit the Luk Ulo ‘super’ river to relax and enjoy the view, just played with the water or took some our pictures together and ‘act’ like local youth before went back to barrack.

Something that i found everyday just outcrop, forest, bushes and river, sometimes snakes or people’s sewage, errrrr! I had a moment where there was a frog standing beside my foot and then a snake appeared and grabbed the frog suddenly. How lucky i was the snake didn't make a fault to grab and bit my foot. And the most disgusting thing was when i was untentionally stepped on the fresh sewage, ugh!!! I hate it to the max.

Besides that, i found something I called "individual attractiveness". I liked to step on the dry leaves. I always enjoy the sounds they made. When i entered the jungle, i found so many falling dry leaves and i tought “it is heaven!”. So, when my partner observed the outcrop in his kavling, i made a thousand steps in the dry leaves instead and then my partner gave a comment, in javanesse: “plis deh Nggik koe ra sah bahagia..”  Hmm, i assumed he just had not tried to make a step on dry leaves yet.

Arrived in barrack, i queued to take a bath immediately and after that we always shared everything that we found in the field, ‘gossiping’ or having short sleep while waiting dinner time at 6.30 PM. And all these activities repeated for 16 days. What a great experience and precious lesson for me and my friends for having this moment together before we live our own life.



can you see them? i found them in limestone olistolith

best place to take a rest after mapping activity


miss this road and the view

No comments:

Post a Comment